Make Sure The Gas Company Supplied You With A Syphon (Siphon) Tube CO2 Tank
- Often the CO2 company will confuse the tank to supply you because they are used to supplying nightclubs with regular CO2 gas for soda guns.
- Your tank should be properly marked with either etching on the side that says (Syphon Tube) or if you use www.Airgas.com the top of the tank will be painted red to signify it is a Syphon tube tank.
Make Sure Your CO2 Tank Is Not Empty
- In the gas supply industry they have a margin for error that allows CO2 tanks to be a few pounds heavy, or light. (Of course for CO2 jet and CO2 handheld blasters, we definitely need it be heavy and not light)
- One option is to request each tank be weighed before delivery to ensure proper tank weight
- You might ask how do I know if the tank is empty? You might notice the tank started out firing a huge dense plume of fog but after a short period of time it only made a loud noise. This is an idicator that the tank is empty of liquid, but still contains CO2 gas under high pressure. (It is time to change your tank to a new one)
Atlanta Special FX